Saturday, June 21, 2008

what I am offering

Halicker is a game about stuff. This might not sound all that interesting but if you take a good long look at every other game in creation you will notice that they are also just about stuff. It all boils down to gear and spells and stats and points and this and that and in the end the one who has the highest amount of everything is the guy who is going to rule combat and break the game.

Halicker is a little different, this game has a steam punk origin but I have watched as it has evolved into its own creature with its own take on things, let me give you a better idea.

Have you ever met someone who talked to their car?
referred to their computer as if it was a real person?
what if they were right? what if all the idiosyncrasies of machines were due to the fact that they really had personalities? This was the concept I was playing with when I started designing Halicker, to this end the game becomes how your character synthesis themselves with the machinery available in the world and believe you me there is enough to go around. Halicker is a world that abounds with steam power computers, flesh crafted guns, plant crafted swords, the list goes on and on, in the end the only real limit to what you can build is your own imagination.

if you want it, you can build it
that is a promise I make to you now. All it takes is the right combinations of items and components and your characters can have everything from planes to motorcycles, machine guns to magic saxophones. We haven't even gotten to the magic yet...

this week, I will profile the Aquians

1 comment:

slightlymadhatter said...

I like...this is a game about stuff...